- Metropolitan area centre of Finnish economic activity.
- Rapid economic growth has put
in a strong economic position. 15 richest countries in the world. Finland
- Strong innovation based economy.
- One of the world’s most competitive economies.
- Lowest inflation rate in
- Belief in the power of social capital and cooperation is a major competitive advantage.
- One of the world’s most advanced countries in terms of exploiting the potential of IT.
- Continued investment from public and private sector in R&D.
- Cooperation between universities and private sector R&D.
- Continued investment in education and training.
- World leader in mobile communications technology.
- Remote location and small population have historically been economic challenges.
- High rate of unemployment.
- High consumer prices
- Technological advances removing barriers to international trade.
- A global example that a commitment to social equality need not disadvantage a country’s economic performance.
- Projected growth of biotechnology sector centred on Viikki.
- Increasing inequality in levels of personal income.
- Dominance of the communication sector leaves economy vulnerable to downturn.
- House price volatility has damaging affect on wider economy.
- Aging population a challenge for continued income growth.